Life at work: Retail

You'd think that you'd be better off working at retail than in fast food? Think again. In some places, maybe but from what I've experienced, it's about the same. In fast food, its fast paced but so is retail...or maybe that's just the way I work. I'm not very patient myself so I don't really like to keep others waiting so I go as fast as I can to either get them the clothes they wanted or a fitting room. I always end up finding myself literally running on busy days. But what's worst is that, working in retail, you would think that its relaxing, chills, you can dress up nicely and AC....WRONG. At least in my store, there is nothing called Air Conditioning, that does not exist. It is ridiculously hot in there and when its really humid outside, it is 10x worst in the store. Not only that, but the fitting room? You could probably drop like 5lbs in there because its exactly like a sauna and smells like crap! This is my first retail experience and to be honest, at first I loved it but now, its slowly to get on my nerves. 

Comments

Popular Posts