Life at work: Fast Food #2

I've had enough. I can only tolerate so much. I've been told by someone that I should not get angry or be upset because of how customers treat me or disrespect me because it is not worth it and that the best way to get them back is to be calm and nice about it? Well, I’m sorry I can’t really do that. There’s only so much I can tolerate but when people treat me and disrespect me badly, I can’t tolerate it.

Recently, a customer had come by to buy an ice coffee and had asked for extra sweet. As usual, for extra sweet, we just put one extra sugar or the sugar syrup into the drink unless they are being specific of how much sugar they want. He later comes back and yells at me and rudely hands me his drink and says “drink it”. Sorry, he didn't say it, he rudely demanded me to drink it. Clearly, someone has drank from it and instead of being reasonable about the situation, he demands me to drink a beverage that someone else has drank from. At that moment I felt really disrespected because there was no need for him to demand me 5 times to drink it. I tried to be calm and explain to him how we made the drink and he clearly was not listening and not being rational about it.

In the end, after feeling greatly disrespected I decided to make him a new coffee but instead I put in about 8 sugars because he wanted it “extra sweet” right? And was not being rational and specific when I tried to explain to him so I could remake it correctly for him. At that point, I did not care anymore. As I handed him his drink, before he left I told him to drink it in front of me. If he said something about it being too sweet, I would have lost it. I do not understand why people are so rude and disrespectful to others and expect be treated with respect in return.


Comments

Popular Posts